Monday, October 27, 2008




Hello all -- for those of you that read last week's blog, about the 'talking wine spot', and didn't know what the heck I meant by it, below is a link to the 'talking stain' Tide commercial, that shows what it was based on:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgtfC5LBAW4

Anyway, three words to describe this past Sunday night at Crash Course: OFF THE HOOK! Seriously, if you weren't there, and you know who you are, you missed a really great night! For starters, we all arrived early, 8:00pm, hung out, had some drinks, and chatted while listening to Tom from Milwaukee finish up his set. He was so good, I had thought that I had been listening to a recording!

Then Ryan opened the night with Plush, and Rockstar started things off with "Smooth"; Rockin' Robin ROCKED OUT "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" - 'Woo-hoo'! Tony gave us "Wonderwall"; Christine gave us Janis in "Bobby McGee"; Rebecca sang "Brass in Pocket"; Andrew sang "Glory Days" and Brandon rocked "Hard to Handle". I also rocked out an Ozzy song -- 'All Aboard.... Ha ha ha ha ha....!" SO MUCH FUN belting out my inner rock star! Props to Kristie Lee's awesome harmony -
"I'm going off the rails on a Crazy Train"!

So, the buzz is getting louder about us 'regulars' doing each others songs - it's already started with Bran-DONE doing "Casey Jones", a favorite of Rockstar's. And speaking of which, if I'm reading my notes correctly, it looks like Rockstar was supposed to do "Hard to Handle" and Brandon was gonna do "Casey...", looks like SOMEONE owes someone a beer, or a shot... When I heard "Casey Jones", my thought was 'hmmmm... I wonder if I could do that'. I mean, I already tried a Rockstar favorite, "White Wedding" once (key word, once). I think I might want to try "Casey...". Sean & I were 'Dancin' w/the Stars' to Rockin' Robin's "Call Me", before his stunning rendition of "Shout"! Colin was "Easy" ('like Sunday morning'); and Rockstar

channeled Elvis in "A Little Less Conversation"! Kate brought a wonderful ice cream cake (which I apparently inhaled...lol) for Alan's b'day. It was indeed 'yum-deli-icious'!! Andy sang "You May Be Right" as his b'day present to him.




It was Jae's b'day as well as she celebrated with a very sultry "Ain't No Sunshine". John D. rocked the house with a couple of duets - "Don't Stop Believin', w/a very good singer from TX, who's name I didn't appear to write down (sorry...), and "Drift Away" with Colin. Christine rocked out a new song, Aerosmith's "Dream On", while Robin, Colin, Mr. & Mrs. D and I got down and 'rocked it out' at the bar! Megan sang "I Will Survive"; Nichole sang "Criminal"; Bob Scoffield channeled Johnny Cash in "Folsom Prison Blues" from his 'platform'; and Leah brought down the house with Avril Lavine's "I'm With You."

And for the night's biggest highlight - wait for it - wait for it -- Mrs. D. singing - no - ROCKING -

'Let's do the TIME WARP again"!

EVERYONE was on their feet, while Bob Scoffield hopped on stage to give us 'directions' on, well, doing the 'Time Warp'!

"It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!"

John D. was so proud! Congrats all around ensued, capping off another awesome night!

A thanks to the guys who took the iPhone pics - keep 'em coming!

Kristina ;)


No comments: