Everyone was glad to have the (revised) CCK band back, as the stage was pretty bare last week without our live band friends! Alan and Andy return next week, from their trip to India, touring with Solar Punch (http://www.solarpunch.org/). In the meantime Greg Ross was back on Bass and it almost seemed like old times, as Greg was the original Bassist for CCK! Good to be back on stage with you Greg!
Some of the 'Usual Suspects'
The 'usual suspects' were there - Bran-DOHN started off with "I Saw Her Standing There"; Showtime Shon sang "Creep"; Rockstar Richard sang "Let It Roll"; Christine sang "Something To Talk About"; Rockin' Robin gave us some K.T. Tunstall; and the Reverend Colin sang "Summertime".
The 'Reverend' Colin
Corey Lim belted out "I'm The Only One"; Marky Mark sang "Oh Boy"; Christine sang "White Rabbit"; Rockstar sang "Let It Roll"; Ron K. 'Ron K.'d' "My Girl"; and Selene rocked the house with "Enter Sandman"!
As always, in addition to hosting, Ryan cranked out the tunes in between singers, and had everyone up dancing! We danced both on the dance floor, and on the chairs (chairs, not pictured) to T.I:
And we can pop bottles all night
Baby you can have whatever you like (you like)
I said you can have whatever you like (you like)Yeah
Some other highlights from Sunday night:
- Danni Mac getting politely 'kicked out' of the 'V.I.P.' section upstairs - ok so it's roped off but as you can see, he got some great pics!
- My yummy Grilled Chicken sandwich w/Fries
- Another 'wardrobe malfunction' for Christine - this time it was her shoes that were the culprit
- Colin passing out what looked to be like very generous shots of Jagermeister to the big group - Shakine singing 'Happy Birthday' to Leah
- Dylan's 'shock' when it looked like I was only drinking water (I was just cleansing my palette btwn. glasses 'o red wine)
- The 'fake baby' that one of the guest brought -- passing it around from one singer to another -- somehow it ended up in the tip jar at the end of the night...
So next Sunday, the full CCK bnad will indeed be playing! We'll welcome back Andy and Alan, & hear all about their travels to India! And for those of you who are interested, it's Superbowl Sunday. Personally, my favorite parts of the Superbowl are the funny commericals, and the yummy, sour-creamed drenched, cheese-ladened snacks! For those of you who are fans, there is the wide screen TV, and the bar has plenty 'o nachos to go around, so grab some beers, sing some songs, and watch some home runs, er, I mean, touchdowns. 'Til next Sunday...
Your 'host with the most...'