Tuesday, January 20, 2009

(NOT Live-Band) Karaoke

'Kanye East' & I singin':

"Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day.
Take me to New York, I'd love to see LA.
I really want to come kick it with you.
You'll be my American Boy..."

That's right folks - it was karaoke of a 'different kind' this past Sunday night - Ryan brought in his 10,000 + songs, and we jammed! Being that it was a holiday the next day, a lot of people showed up expecting to see/hear the band. But Ryan 'cooled their jets' with some showtunes - (ok, I was the only one that sang a showtune..."All That Jazz!"), INXS; Pearl Jam, and TV Tunes! (Ok, 'Rockin' Robin was the only one that sang a TV tune - "Movin' On Up").

Selene, singin' Erica Badu

Lori, who hadn't been there in quite a while sang Journey's "Any Way You Want It", and Irina, another singer from long ago, sang "At Last", and speaking of singers from long ago - Chris Houterman, 'you-da-man', sang "Tunnel of Love", and Ozzy's "Crazy Train"!

Danni Mac, singin' Cream's "White Room"

Bobby belted out "You Can Leave Your Hat On" while 'Showtime Shon', & Rockin' Robin & I all did moves from 'Dancing with the Stars'; John D., who 'was there, but wasn't really there', channeled Foreigner's "Hot Blooded"; Shannon sang Scandal's "Warrior"; and the Reverend Colin belted out a number of sweet tunes - apparently none of which I wrote down...sorry Colin...

"Hello baaaaaabbbyyy!" Marky Mark - "Chantilly Lace"

They had the upstairs open for a b'day party, complete with food, and Sangria! Who knew?!!! Oh wait, that was actually my 2nd song by "Pink"... In any case, Bran-DOHN & I headed up there for a 'bird's eye' view, while Sara & Showtime Shon paired up on Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown's song "No Air"; Natalie belted "What You Need"; Max, the birthday guest of honor sang Billy Idol's "Eyes Without a Face"; and two of his guests sang Sonny & Cher's hit, "I Got You Babe". Props to 'Showtime Shon', and Chris H. for the 'extra security' -- at times you'd have thought this Sun. was a full moon, in addition to last Sunday LOL!

The Reverend, 'cuttin' a rug'.

Next week will be another revised version of Crash Course, with Joe 'Chica-chica-chica-relli' on Keyboard & Guitar; Kristee 'Lickety-lickety-Lee' on drums; and Greg Ross, a 'blast from the past' on Bass!

Props to Danny Mac for taking videos - I have included some more still shots:



'Til next Sunday...!

Kristina ;)

No comments: