Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Go Shawty, it's your birthday..."


















…Yo yo – Bran-DOHN was in the house, and we were celebratin’ his birthday! He was celebrating – well a lot! Seemed like every time I turned around, someone was handing him a drink onstage! It was fun though!

Rockstar started off with “Pinball Wizard”, and Mark, who was supposed to sing last time, but didn’t because of ‘technical difficulties’, belted out an awesome “Surrender”, & Marky Mark sang a new song “Ain’t No Cure for the Summertime Blues”. Christine sang a little Janice Joplin, which ended up with a ‘wardrobe malfunction’. Sorry guys, no pics of that!












AFTER the 'Wardrobe Malfunction'

Some other highlights; Showtime Shon sang “Ain’t No Sunshine”; and Corey Lim belted out “Total Eclipse of the Heart”, and I tried out a ‘coffee house version’ of “Mr. Brightside” – can I get a latte please?

...w/some Bourbon?



"I'll have what she's having."

Dylan sang “Let Me Go Out…!”; (I know it's not called that for real...) John D. did some Aerosmith w/”Dream On”; the birthday boy Brandon belted out “Heartbreak Hotel”; and Enrique, who hadn’t been to Kenny’s in a long time, sang his staple Hendrix song, and the Reverend Colin sang “Drift Away”. Afterwards we did a little ‘couch dance’ to Beyonce’s “All the Single Ladies...”

...while Brandon, uh, did another shot. And someone who’s name I didn’t get belted out “Zombie”. I commented to John D. that was “my” song, and his response – ‘oh, have you sang this before?’ Uh, yeah…













Nexus, who was there to celebrate with Brandon rocked out to “Teen Spirit”; ‘Skywalker’ sang “I Want to Get Away”; and Paul O. sang “Mr. Brightside” – a nice ‘yang’ to my ‘yin’ ‘Mr. Brightside’…lol.


Usually by the third set, my notes get tossed aside – Sun. night was no exception. I was having too much fun hangin’ out w/the gang – the Reverend Colin; Brand-OHN; Showtime Shon; John D.; John A.; Mr. & Mrs. Rockstar...




...and Ted – who finished out the night with “Simple Man.”

Afterwards, Richard did some comedy, then there was Sushi to be had! ‘Til next week folks – feel free to leave some (nice) comments – would love to get the word out there! Thanks!

Kristina ;)




3 comments:

TFK Bob said...

Can't believe I missed the wardrobe malfunction!

Regina said...

Looks like a great time had by all! :D

Unknown said...

HOLA KRISTINA!!

GREAT BLOG! Thanks for the mention...my yin. or is it yang?

anyways, hope to see you soon. :)

Paul O.