Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun! Fun! Fun!



Hey everyone - thanks a bunch for making CCK/my b'day so much fun! Props to Rockin' Robin for setting out such a nice 'spread' of balloons and chocolate candy kisses - yum! And also to Corey Lim; Donna & Reggie; and John and Mrs. D. for their thoughtfulness. And to the band for four, count 'em, FOUR verses of "Happy Birthday!" And, I loved reading everyone's well wishes on my card, thanks! In all of the excitement, I didn't take any notes, so am relying on my memory - this, after a full dinner and drinks beforehand, and then more drinks during the evening!

'Bran-DOHN' was guest-hosting - I'm not quite sure where Ryan was, all I heard over the music was "Ryan is 'something something, something something something...' "Dominican Republic" - so, I guess we'll stay tuned for more info. on that! Anyway, there was a band that played before Crash Course went on, and some of the band members and their fans stayed thru the first set. I think some of 'em did get up and sing, but like I said, food, wine, party -- didn't get names/songs. But, what I did almost get was a, um, dance... from, uh, a very, uh, leggy blonde. Simmer down guys, it didn't quite happen like that - Brandon announced her, she got on stage, did a little dance, and then guess who's turn it was?! The only way to follow that act was to try to top it!! JUST KIDDING!

Instead, I belted out one of my faves by Linkin Park!


Moving on, Rockin' Robin belted a rousing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", & Corey Lim sang "Sweet Child of Mine"!



Christine gave us another "Fever"; Donna sang "Rehab" - Reggie was so proud, and he rocked out too! Though no notes, so don't remember his song... Oops, and the same with Rockstar - I'm sure it was something by Grateful Dead though! John D. sang "Dream On", w/some help w/Rockin' Robin; Marky Mark sang "Oh Boy"; Natalie sang Zombie; while Brandon had everybody "Jump In The Line"! John D. gave a nice compliment, with "...it sure is nice to celebrate your birthday with you -- for a change." Uh, thanks - considering I didn't know you during my last b'day - ha ha, it was quite funny! Anyway, thanks for the 'present' of us getting to sing "Play That Funky Music..."! It was way cool!




And now, for THE big moment of the night - after a wonderful rendition of "Chasing Cars" by someone who's name I neglected to write down, Ted got down on one knee, said some wonderful things to Kristie Lee, and proposed! CCK's first proposal! Congrats to both! I'm sure we'll all volunteer to sing at the ceremony, though I will refrain from 'Sabotage' - unless specifically requested, lol...



In other news - CCK has added a show for this Friday evening, Nov. 28th, 8:00pm - 1:00am, with Bran-DOHN hosting! So, finish up those Yams, wrap up the Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce, and digest that Turkey, 'cause we're gonna rock it out! And, Joe Mitch will be filling in on the drums - rock on! Crash Course Karoke - twice in one weekend! Woo hoo! See you then!

Kristina ;)

No comments: