Monday, June 1, 2009

Look Ma - real notes! (in a pretty new notebook!)


Your blogstress..."Kris-ti-na La-tour!"

Thanks to Corey Lim, who gave ME a present for HER birthday, my cute little purple notebook, so it will now actually be easier to read my scribble on actual paper, than a paper napkin... Although, I just realized in this picture, that w/the kitchen in the background, it looks like I'm ready to ask you how you would like your burger cooked...

Anyway, Corey Lim put on a heck of a show before Crash Course, and had some yummy food!



Yummy Food!



Who says you can't have your cake...





...and eat it too...


YUM!!!




Ryan started off the night with the popular 80's song, "Faith" by George Michael, saying that he had just DJ'd an 80's costume party...wait...COSTUME?! What was once (though now long ago) considered 'regular-every-day-garb', is now considered a COSTUME?! Does that mean, in another 25 yrs., a 'costume party' could consist of 'dressing up' in Cargo pants, and listening to The Killers? ("Somebody told me...")


Rockstar, who started off with some Santana, would like you all to know that on Sun., June 7th, he is performing at Kenny's in the'Rock Stars of Comedy' showcase, starting at 5:30pm. It'll continue to take place every 1st Sun. in June, so come on down, and have some laughs!

Marky Mark continued with 'Summertime Blues'; I sang another new song - a fave of Mrs. D's, "Jolene"; and Bobby Rappaport sang "You Are So Beautiful", and dedicated it to the Birthday girl, Corey Lim! Awwww....

Christine Kern & Rockstar sang "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around";




Selene belted "I'm The Only One"; Marky Mark and 'Sweet Sweet' Cindy up'd the cute/adorable factor with "Close To You";

'Trooper Ted' & 'Kanye East' continued with the duets and 'brought home' (you knew I was gonna say that, right?) "Bring It On Home"! They also got gold stars for the night, because they brought their own charts for the band...oooooohhhhh....




Then, DanniMac channeled some Clapton; while Ryan sang his own version...I'll leave it at that...


Oh, and uh, Waldo asks...

"Where's Colin?"



John D. and Ben ROCKED OUT "Man in the Box"!!!




BEN:
"La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, Oohh!"

Not to be 'corn-fused' w/Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow..."

JOHN D.
"Won't you come and save me, save me!!!"

Ryan continued playing 80's music in between songs -- Ron K. made us all "Come Together", yeah!!!! Ben sang "Just What I Needed"; and Ryan, following his alarm, promptly ended the first set with "Semi-Charmed Life", then started up the second set w/my fave, "In The End", w/yours truly singing along a little bit...



Another duet in the form of Marky Mark and Corey Lim singing "Dream"; Dylan sang "American Girl",



and Christine Kern had us "Begging You For Mercy".

Alan's cousin Justin was in the house, and sang some Plush; Selene sang "Bobby McGhee"; Corey Lim belted "Total Eclipse of the Heart"; Amy from London sang "Criminal"; then after greeting us 'fake London accent'... 'Ello!' Nick went on to sing "Wonderwall"; and Ron K. sang "Sweet Melissa". And just as I sang "Hotel California", CCK friends Donna & Reggie came in, or rather, danced in - way cool! Good to see you guys! Showtime Shon also tore the house up w/his rendition of "Mustang Sally"!



Rockstar sang "Sympathy for the Devil"; Chris from CA sang "I Want You to Want Me"; Christine Kern sang "Give Me One Reason"; and Selene sang "Harper Valley PTA", which the band added for her 'Mom's! And, in continuing w/the duets, DanniMac & I did a mean "Good Riddance/Time of Your Life", and props to Kristie Lee's beautiful singing to "Time After Time", while I sang harmony!"




That's it for now folks... see you on Sunday, where my eyes will be open, and my ears, uh, will be open too...'cause I'm the Blogstress...

K ;)


P.S. Please feel free to leave (nice) comments...



Quotes Corner:


"Last week, I drank PBR's, and was hungover!!!
-Ron K.

"It's hotter than a whore in church!
-Kristie Lee, to Selene

No comments: