Tuesday, August 25, 2009


'The gals' (w/John D. 'smiling on' in the mirror)


'The guys', (and gal)

For the first time in the blog's history, the Blogstress has chosen TWO pics for the 'front cover' - I just liked both of these so much, I couldn't decide which ones to use. Ok, and I uh, sort of promised all parties involved that THEY would be on the front cover... but do like 'em both!


Anyway, the night progressed as the band went back to their roots, and played in a 'host-less' format, as Ryan 'got the call from the coast'... Selene sang 'Son of a Preacher'; Davey Monster sang some Hendrix; Mike, making an appearance from Baby Grand sang 'Flake';



Edgar - need I say again, Joe Chicarelli's doppelganger...


...sang 'Time of Your Life', by Green Day; Ruth sang 'Man on the Moon'; and Richard sang "Free Falling."

John D. rocked the house with "Roxanne";




and Corey Lim gave us some sultry 'Magic Man'.



When Alan announced me for my turn to sing, he said:

ALAN
"Kristina!"

ME
"Yay!!!"

ALAN
"Kristina, come up & tell us about yourself."

I felt like saying...

KRISTINA
"Well, I'm originally from Va. & moved to NYC in the 90's; I enjoy singing, dining out, and long walks on the beach."

But instead, I sang
"But I'm the only one, who'll walk across the fire for you..."



Chris Q. CHANNELED Macy Gray:
"I try to say good-bye but I choke..."


Dylan sang 'Brown-Eyed Girl'...


"Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da"

Rockin' Robin rocked out some Pink...


...and Selene rocked out 'Bobby McGhee!'



Rae, also fresh from Baby Grand, gave us some Amy Winehouse...


It must have been a Melissa Ethridge theme because Elise sang "Like the Way I Do", to a very excited crowd...


...'Mr. Franko' sang "Sweet Home Alabama"; Yvonne sang 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T"; DanniMac, in honor of singing "Woodstock" on the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock, received a lovely 'parting gift' from Alan and the band:


"Peace out!"


Bob Scoffield -
"Aaahoo, werewolves of London..."


...Enjoying some karaoke...


Moi, and the 'Blond-tourage'


So many songs, so little time...


'Everybody, uh, smile...?'


Hey, what-cha lookin' at?


Christina & Selene do an interpretive dance to
"Total Eclipse of the Heart';
'Turn around...'


The Lovebirds...


Billy is 'Comfortably Numb'.

At the very end of the night, after the very last song - the band ended w/an AWESOME jam - the kind one could have sat and listened to for the rest of the (already late) night. It ended w/those us left yelling, 'Encore! Encore!' Ok, that was me...
Thanks to Joe Mitch for filling in on the drums, and thanks to the band for another fun, awesome night of karaoke!!

'Til next Sunday...

...oh, and feel free to leave a (nice) comment!


The Blogstress ;)

QUOTES CORNER:

"Sometimes I like to wear feathers." (Huh?)
-The Irreverent Reverend, Colin


No comments: