Monday, August 25, 2008

Greetings from another bleary-eyed Monday... I was just invited out for an evening of exchanging/shopping/girl talk, from a karaoke regular, and had to turn it out down so I could go home after my day job and take a little 'nap-py-poo' on the couch - sorry Rockin' Robin... Even though lastnight wasn't as CRAZY a night as last Sunday, it still had it's memorable moments:

  • Rockstar doing double duty as host, AND bouncer.
  • Joe Mitch rockin' out on the drums :)
  • Selene winning the first-ever CCK raffle, which I picked the winning name! Prizes included a broken guitar string from 'Randy Andy'; a broken drum stick (not the chicken kind) from Kristie Lee; a CD with Alan's picture from when he was a young(er) lad; and a DVD of a movie titled, well, I don't know what it was titled, as it was in a foreign language, but I'm sure either Joe Chica-chica-chica-relli could tell us, or Alan...
  • Joe Chica...relli playing lead guitar on one of their newer song additions, "Heartbreaker", which Selene rocked out to.
  • Corey-Lim singing anything!
  • Dylan rockin' out to 'Self-Esteem' ("La la la la la la la la la la")
  • Marky Mark crooning away
  • Brand-DONE channeling Elvis...
  • Christine's 'lyric-sheet-free' evening
  • Bob S. singing Johnny Cash
  • Leah's awesome "Joelene"!
  • Zach's stellar sound
  • Isaac's new Ricky Martin routine, 'the helicopter', to "Message in a Bottle"; (raise hand above head, point finger, swirl around as if getting ready to take off, all while swiveling hips.) "Yeaaaa-aaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaa-aaaah-ahhhh-ahhhh"!!!

Some CCK newbies entertained, with the 'schmoopy' "I Got You Babe"; "Creep" by Radiohead; and who IS that guy who sang "Roxanne" -- off the hook!!

Next Sunday, I will be enjoying the mountains of TN, while Selene will be taking notes for the blog. Being a holiday weekend, I expect lots of notes! I will indeed be thinking of you all on Sun. night starting at 8:00pm, but may be actually "Behind the Wall of Sleep" before the last song around 1:00am, which will be a first since quite a long time! Or, who knows, I may just spontaneously break out into song -- much to the chagrin of my 6 yr. old niece...

Kristina :)

No comments: