Monday, September 29, 2008

"Weekend at Kenny's"

That's right folks - not just one night of CCK, but TWO! It all started w/Ryan's birthday party on Sat. night, well, actually Sun. morning, as it was just after midnight. Ryan & CCK, a.k.a. Magic Brownies, opened up the set with Linkin Park's "In the End". Props to Joe Mitch for filling in on the drums - he rocks!

Ryan continued to rock out the night with George Michael's "Faith", a favorite of mine, and ended with the rock version of Frank Sinatra's "My Way", after first 'clearing' it w/Bran-DONE. A fun time was had by all, including his Mom; g.f.; neighbors from the 'hood; and several friends from the Outback. Ryan demonstrated his drumming skills with Queen's "We Will Rock You", and Joe Mitch singin'. Ryan also demonstrated his sharing skills as he passed around his bottle of Grey Goose. By the time it got around to me, pretty much everyone had taken a swig. When I voiced my 'concern' over this, he was like, 'seriously?', and was kind enough to 'cleanse' the bottle, so I could drink. Thanks man.

After the Magic Brownies set, CCK opened up the floor, w/Brandon hosting. Joe Holland rocked out "Sympathy for the Devil" like no one's business! I followed w/a little "Heartbreaker", and Marky Mark rocked out as well! Then later in the night/morning, a very special song request from the 'Birthday boy' to me -- and here's a clue:


"IIIIIIIIII CAN'T STAND IT!
I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT
I'M GONNA SET IT STRAIGHT THIS WATERGATE
I CAN'T STAND ROCKIN' WHEN I'M IN HERE
'CAUSE YOUR CRYSTAL BALL AIN'T SO CRYSTAL CLEAR..."

Oh yes. 'Sabatoge'. Beastie Boys. Word. Goin' out by special request. I warned everyone, including "Mrs. Ryan's Mom" to put the earplugs in if they had 'em, 'cause it was gonna get LOUD!!!

A mere 17 hrs. later, we were all back again, including drummer Joe Mitch, who filled in again for Kristie Lee - we hope you're feelin' better girl! Sunday was more of a 'chill' night - w/us regulars hangin' out on the futons -- yes, futons - new additions to the joint. John D. brought the house down w/Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"; Corey Lim, there w/her 'crew', fellow CCK'ers Dylan and her friend Rebecca, gave an ode to Ron K. in Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time"; Marky Mark sang the Kinks' "You Really Got Me"; Maria ("Mrs. D") channeled Joni Mitchell in "Big Yellow Taxi" in the first of her TWO songs! Christine KILLED w/"Give Me One Reason"; Rockstar never disappoints w/bringing us the Grateful Dead. Bran-DONE and his crew were a constant source of entertainment - twirling me around a la "Dancing with the Stars" one minute, to doing calisthenics in the bar area the next!

Colin crooned while Marky Mark and I danced -- props to Colin also pairing up w/John D. in a stunning rendition of "Drift Away"! John D. also harmonized w/Marky Mark in "All I have to do is Dream" - hmm, I'd love to do harmony on that one - maybe John D. & Marky Mark will let me - maybe? Anyway, Ben rocked out to "867-5309", and an ode to James Brown... Sean blew us away w/"You Are So Beautiful" (aw, shucks, oh, just kidding...); and Brandon belted out "Summertime".

Well, I hope to see you all next week - can you believe a very good friend of mine has the gall to plan a dinner party on a SUNDAY NIGHT?! But, what can I say, I'm flattered to be on his 'A list', and it is his b'day celebration. Since it's in B'klyn, my plan is to try to come to CCK later, but, might have to do some finagling, as all of us guests are performers, and, well, we like to perform, even if is just for each other. But I will certainly do my best to show up! If anyone wants to fill me in on the highlights/goings-ons before I get there, or, if (GASP!), I don't make it, feel free to drop me an email afterwards. See you soon!

Kristina ;)






1 comment:

charpics said...

Rock on, O Queen of Karaok-wait, I havta go.....xoxox Char