Thursday, February 26, 2009

Night of a Thousand Stars!



Greetings all! So sorry this is so late, but am recovering from a 'bout of Bronchitis.

Anyway, the stars were out this past Sunday - Penelope Cruz, Mickey Roarke, Anne Hathaway; and at Kenny's; Showtime Shon, the Reverend Colin, Rockin' Robin; and, wait, who is this masked man singing "Just What I Needed"?

Why, it's none other than our friend Ben!



While Sean Penn was giving his acceptance speech, Bran-DOHN gave us some Sinatra; Rockin' Robin sang "Sweet Home Alabama"; Marky Mark sang "Oh Boy"; and Selene sang "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (not "Heartbreaker", like I had originally written down, lol).


And while "Slumdog Millionaire" was winning for Best Movie,

Christine rocked out "You Outta Know"; Rockstar sang "Comfortably Numb"; Colin sang "Simple Man"; and Showtime Shon sang "Come Together"!

Right before the break, Mr. & Mrs. John D., came in, to celebrate John D.'s birthday

...while we gave some cards and noshed on yummy cupcakes (thanks Mrs. D.);

Then "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" came on the jukebox, and we ALL just EXPLODED into...

"But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more

Just to be the man who walked 1,000 miles

To fall down at your door
"

then...

"da da da da da

da da da da da


da da da dum da da dum da da dum da

da
da da da da

da
da da da da da

da da da dum da da dum da da dum da!!!!"


Another 'class picture'!

After the festivities, we went back and resumed the second and third set, which both ROCKED!!!! Ryan belted out "Creep"; John D. & I were inspired from the 'spontaneous karaoke' during the break, and sang "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)", and he also got b'day props from the band and everyone, after he rocked out "Dream On"...


...and props from his peeps...



John D.; John A. (long time no see!); & Rockstar

The rest of the night was spent ROCKIN' OUT!!! Bran-DOHN had EVERYONE up and dancing during "I Saw Her Standing There"; I rocked out "In The End", feeling like a total rock star on stage with Randy Andy; and Ryan sang...wait for it...wait for it:


"Since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah, yeah
Thanks to you, now I get, I get what I want
Since you been gone"


Alan even broke TWO guitar strings!

And as usual, there comes a time in the night, where I either stop taking notes, or I can't read the ones I have taken. Last Sun. night was no exception. All I can say was that it was a BLAST to rock out w/everyone, and I can't wait to do it again!

I will leave you with these pictures - I do hope to see you all tomorrow night, but it will depend on how I'm feeling. I mean, if it were up to me, I'd bring my cough drops and Robitussin DM and 'have at it', but, also just need to get better so I can tackle songs again, where I can actually use my upper register!

Joe Mitch is subbing for Kristie Lee - he rocks! Until that time...

Kristina :)


Kristie Lee in her 'sexy librarian glasses


The gang!


Colin said he was 'ready for his closeup'
(looks like someone else was not...)



Christine w/Colin, & her hot pink tights!


Kathy and 'Captain America'



No comments: