Tuesday, April 7, 2009

'Hooked on Ebonics' (Yo!)



Hey all!

So, the title refers to a comment the Reverend Colin made to me on Sunday - he asked me why, at times, it sounds like I'm speaking 'Ebonics'.

"Wha'ch you talkin' 'bout Willis?!'

Um, I think THAT was what he was talking about actually... I explained to him that at times, I'm just channeling my 'innah sistah...' just kidding. I'm more or less doing what Ryan does, which is;

RYAN:
"That was 'Kris-ti-na La-tour', doin' the damn thing, yyyyyyyyo..."

Anyway, Crash Course had some of the 'usuals' there... Rockstar sang "Comfortably Numb"; Colin channeled Macy Gray; Christine Kern belted "Beautiful"; Bran-DOHN sang "Heartbreak Hotel"; Marky Mark gave us "Summertime Blues"; and Rockin' Robin took us back to Clinton's Inauguration with Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop".


The Sunglasses Group...

Houterman 'you da man' was there - a 'usual' from the 'old' days at The Underscore on the UES. He wowed the crowd with Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone"; a 'newbie' to Crash Course , named Christopher sang "The Joker";


Christoper

Mrs. D. made her return with "Since U Been Gone"; and John D. gave 'Randy Andy' a break and sang "Dust In the Wind". Brandon & I gave Andy even more of a break, while harmonizing to Green Day's "Good Riddance"/"Time of Your Life." We did have the time of our life -- me being his 'Estelle' (Getty), and him being my 'Kanye' ('East')...LOL!

Selene sang "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree"; DanniMac rocked out to some Elvis Costello;


DanniMac

Karen belted "Falling"; and Freddie, the sound guy, sang some "Stardust". 'Showtime Shon' rocked out to "Summertime"; Ron K. sang "Time After Time", w/Kristie Lee adding her nice harmony; and Nick, who was here from Alabama, by way of FL, by way of NJ...(huh?) rocked out "Semi-Charmed Life"; Leah joined us and belted "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"; and Ben made his return to the stage with some Johnny Cash! And a shout-out to Peter, another 'usual' from the 'old days' on the UES - he and his crew arrived just as I was making an unusual early exit.


The gang...

Until the next Sunday...thas' was' up folks...



Kristina ;)

No comments: