Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hot Night in the City!


That’s right folks – not only was it HOT in Kenny’s, but the entertainment (us; the band) was HOT too!! ;)

I arrived 'fashionably late' - John D. greeted me at the door at Kenny's claiming "John D. just sang a song!"

Brandon was our host for the evening… the Reverend Colin sang “I Try”, by Macy Gray; Marky Mark sang a new one off the list – Creedance Clearwater’s “Proud Mary”; Irenka – (long time no see girl!), sang “Lean on Me”; her friend Maria, a CCK 'newbie' belted out "Heartbreaker"; and DanniMac (rhetorically) asked/sang “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”. Judging the amount of ‘sweat stains’ on the bands’ shirts were probably praying for rain (and/or a cold beer) by the time their first break rolled around.

Selene, dressed in flowing garb for the weather conditions, sang some Pink, "Just Like a Pill"; John D. rocked the house (and the 'catwalk') with "Low" by Cracker (w/a 'C'; see last week's Quotes Corner); Chrisine Kern rocked the house w/some of her signature "Bobby McGee", which she dedicated to Rockstar Richard; and Ron K. and Andy did a little duet, "Take a Load off Fannie"; and Christina G. belted "Crazy Train"!

While Ron K. tried to earn his keep, by giving backrubs at the 'Irenka/Maria table', Corey Lim belted "Magic Man"; Davey Monster sang "My Way"; Dylan sang "Brown-Eyed Girl" - I'm sure to his gal Corey Lim. :) Rockstar gave us some Grateful Dead, and encouraged us to go see them at MSG; and Brandon followed suit by singing "Casey Jones". Hmmm, one of these days, the blogstress might have to try that one...

During the break, we all convened outside, and some of us gathered for, well, a group hug! As Kristie Lee stated, "We're family here!" And we are -- for instance, for the second or third wk. in a row, the kitchen was closed, so, I went foraging for, OK, a SECOND slice of pizza!

SELENE (outside)
"Goin' for ANOTHER slice 'a pizza?!"

ME
"Uh...yeah. But I don't think the folks in The Red Lion heard you..." (LOL!)

Just like family, right?

But, this time, I went to the Pizza Box, where for the first slice I went to that little place next door. Neither of them particularly thrilled me...but maybe that's because I was really looking forward to sinking my teeth into a big, juicy, Kenny's burger!

Oh well...continuing on... there was someone who celebrated their Birthday, who sang U2's "One Love" - but I only wrote down on my-now-shriveled-up napkin, "B'day, "One Love"... Troy sang some smooth Commodore's - "Easy"; Diana sang "Irreplaceable" ('To the left, to the left'); DanniMac belted U2's "Vertigo"; Rebecca sang "You Outta Know"; and, well, I just have to give props to the band while I sang "In The End", for letting me ROCK. IT. OUT!!!! There's nothin' like feeling like a rockstar while rockin' out between Alan and Andy, all the way to the stage floor 'man' -- an 'Alan-and-Andy-rock-'n-roll-sandwich' if you will... one word... AWESOME.

Ok my friends, see you Sunday!

Your blogstress,
Kristina ;)

Quotes Corner:

"You broke it, you buy it!"
- Selene, in response to Christine accidentally breaking off the microphone...oops.

"...the microphone 'tasted' like mint."
- Me, to John D., saying that I had sang after him, and noticed a 'taste' of mint...

P.S. DanniMac made a quote here, but alas, it's a PG blog, so not appropriate here...

P.S.S. Feel free to leave comments!

No comments: