Monday, July 27, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BLOG!

That's right folks - the official CCK blog is officially 1 year old -- today!!!! We can toast/celebrate at Kenny's this coming Sunday!

So, this past Sunday night started off in a way that, well, except for the band playing, I wasn't quite sure that it was Sunday night! The 'regulars' filtered in, slowly, but surely... Matt and Andrew started off with some Van Halen; AZ rocked out "Rehab"; Natalia (another Natalia) sang "I'm Just A Girl"; and Marky Mark crooned that their 'ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues'.











Corey Lim wowed w/"Barracuda";
Ivy wanted to 'Love the One You're With'; on a whim, I sang Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful", to which Randy Andy reminded me of the 14 yr. old who 'knocked it out of the park' a few weeks back...thanks Andy... Selene sang "Hot and Cold"; Dylan, whom I thanked for making me a two-fisted drinker, sang Wonderwall, and Ryan did the 'white boy rap', 'Semi-Charmed Life'.




Yum, drinks!










Dylan! We're so proud!














During the first break, much more of the regular crowd was there, and Ryan decided to try 'jinxing' ALL of us by opening up an umbrella INSIDE, AND, standing UNDER IT! I tellyou, you never heard such a crowd, all at once, yelling "NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!"






Ryan, tempting fate...






Continuing on, I sang "Simple Man" in the second set, because, well, I could, since the Reverend (Colin) wasn't there... AZ sang "I Try" by Macy Gray, to which Ron K. said 'has the best bridge ever!' Marky Mark sang "Bye Bye Love"; Corey Lim wowed with "Since U Been Gone"; Rockin' Robin sang
"You're No Good";











Eric sang an old fave, 'Kryptonite';









John D. rocked out "Teen Spirit";








Rob sang "Free Falling";










and Ron K. sang "Easy", because, well, the Reverend wasn't there.









Natalia, (this time, 'our Natalia') sang "Sweet Dreams";



Billy sang "Don't Stop Believin';


Nick sang some Incubus,



and Ron crooned "Sweet Caroline".







You can run from the Paparazzi, but you can't hide from the Paparazzi...




There's no place like Kenny's...






There's no place like Kenny's...







There's no place like ????








"I, wanna rock & roll all night..."










"Mr. Songbook", & Kristie Lee!







Ron K. & Marky Mark...in deep convo...









Corey Lim, and Natalia








I'm trying to figure out a way for people to sign up, to be put on the email list for the blog...if someone knows how to do this, please let me know.

'Til Sunday...

Your Blogstress ;)

No comments: